Please see the Adopted Rules of the Australasian Association for Digital Humanities Incorporated (Victoria) for more information on the rules of the Association (Updated Rules 2014)
The broad aims of the association are as follows:
1. Raising profile
- To raise profile of those working in the field, promoting Australasian work internationally, but also increasing awareness of Digital Humanities work within national contexts.
- Facilitate shared awareness around common issues.
- Showcase exemplary and innovative Australasian projects and initiatives.
2. Policy advocacy, lobbying and influence
- Provide advice and recommendations to government agencies and institutions.
- Advocate for the recognition of research output in digital forms.
- To promote the national benefit of Digital Humanities work as a national priority area.
3. Enlarge the field, collaborate
- Connect with other disciplines and knowledge, e.g. social sciences, geography, indigenous studies.
- Promote cross-disciplinary alliances.
- Identify funding sources; seek collaborative funding for research efficiencies.
4. Provide career development and professional advice
- Support individuals in developing career paths, building skills, contacts, and facility for transitioning between sectors.
5. Act as a ‘methodological commons’
- Provide a portal/gateway for the sharing of best practice in digital technologies across a range of fields in the humanities, arts and social sciences.
- Provide guidance and development of standards.
- Promote best practice in the application of Digital Humanities research and teaching.